I have to tell you that for 2012 edition, Kawasaki ninja 250r comes with no "R" label, so it's namely just "2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250". I have written about this change on my older post here (2012 ninja 250 without R) and here (new 2012 ninja 250r USA). Kawasaki motorcycles seemly did not make a lot of changes to 2012 Ninja 250r, they only updated the color scheme for black and red/orange, but the lime green still the same as previous version. 2012 Kawasaki ninja 250 prices it's around $4,199 for standard edition and around $4,449 for special edition of Ninja 250. Here is the 2012 Kawasaki 250 specs
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Specifications
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore x stroke : 62.0 x 41.2mm
- Compression ratio: 11.6:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Rake / trail: 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
- Front tire: 110/70-17
- Rear tire: 130/70-17
- Front brake: Single 290mm hydraulic petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear brake: Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Overall length: 82.1 in.
- Overall width: 28.1 in.
- Overall height: 43.7 in.
- Seat height: 30.5 in.
- Curb weight: 374.9 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Color choices / special edition: Candy Lime Green, Metallic Spark Black, Passion Red/Metallic Spark Black : (specs, prices : Kawasaki Official website, taken Oct, 2011)
Does this mean that Kawasaki have been pleased with Ninja 250R sales results?, maybe yes, but, as we know competition will increasingly tight in 250cc, Honda CBR250R has been introduced by Honda, Suzuki rumored will bring the fresh street fighter bike 250cc with Suzuki GW250, and maybe another motorcycles brand interesting about 250cc motorcycles market. So.. don't make a mistake.. create a great 250cc motorcycles for your fans or update the Ninja 250 engine with better performance.