Ducati 996 is one of the best motorcycles from Ducati. I can say that Ducati 996 is superb motorcycles with full sport fairing design, the max power of Ducati 996 around 122 hp (82.3 kW) @8500 rpm !! it's fast motorbike from Ducati, great!. Ducati 996 has changed in several features and model named, there are Ducati a base or also Ducati 996 Biposto, and then Ducati 996S with new Ohlins suspension, 996 SPS, the last one is Ducati 996R with 998 of engine displacement. So far, I like this Ducati bikes.. simple but powerful, awesome!!
Ducati 996 produced in 1999 to 2002, this is sport bike class motorcycles, the basic engine of 996 used 996cc capacity, L-twin, 4-valve/cylinder. You must tyo know that Ducati 996 is injection motorcycles, for cooling part, Ducati 996 uses liquid cooling. Usually, a lot of people searching fast mostorcycles, and they are like a fast and high top speed bikes, so what about this "Ducati 996" series? well, Ducati 996 top speed can reach around 259 kmh/h, it's more than enough for medium rider class. With 122hp of power, it's looks like easy to get more than 200km/h.
Here is another features from Ducati 996 :
1. Transmission : 6 speed, chain drive
2. Frame type : Tubular steel trellis frame
3. Suspension :
- : Front: Showa with TiN upside-down fork fully adjustable, 127 mm (5.0 in)wheel travel
- : Rear: Öhlins progressive cantilever linkage with adjustable monoshock, 130 mm (5.1 in) wheel travel
5. Brakes :
- : Front: 2 x 320 mm discs, 4 piston calipers
- : Rear: Single 220 mm disc, 2 piston caliper
6. Tires : Front: 120/70 ZR17, Rear: 190/50 ZR17
7. Wheelbase : 1,410 mm (55.5 in)
8. Seat height : 790 mm (31.1 in)
9. Weight : 198 kg (437 lb) (dry)
10.Fuel capacity : 17 litres (4.5 US gal) (4 litres (1.1 US gal) reserve)
(specs, pic and reference : wikipedia)
If you like a fast motorcycles with more than 250km/h of top speed, great design as full sport fairing bikes, Ducati 996 is almost perfect for you. The best thing from this bikes is power and also performance, I know that it's hard to get more than 200km/h on the bikes, but it's no problem with Ducati 996 series. Good luck.